What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you fill out a form, communicate with us via third-party platforms, attend an event or webinar, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, country/region, professional area of focus, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you intereact with us
When you access or use our websites or otherwise transact business or interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Usage information: We collect information about how you access our websites, including data about the device and network you use, such as operating system version, IP address, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our websites, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
- Information collected by cookies and similar tracking technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that we use on our websites and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Use of information
We use the information we collect to administer our website. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our websites and services;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our websites;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services and events offered by iSoftStone and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt-out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our websites;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of iSoftStone and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Websites;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of iSoftStone, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of information to the United States and other countries
iSoftStone, Inc. is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from iSoftStone by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us with your request at email@example.com. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.