Solution Enablement Toolkit accelerates benefits in weeks
The Solution Enablement Toolkit accelerates benefits in weeks. As a result, RPA rapid time to value is one of the key differentiators compared to large enterprise system projects that are often implemented over several years. It should be noted that customers often achieve a positive return on investment (ROI) in several months.
The Solution Enablement Toolkit (SET) was developed by our Automation Center of Excellence (COE) with the principle “build, re-use, improve”. For that reason, iSoftStone’s customers achieve and sustain their business outcomes with the best possible quality, time to value, and return on their automation investment. We SET you up for success!
Our SET comprises
- Frameworks, methodologies, processes, best practices
- Business process and data understanding
- Case studies and use cases
- Functional and technical designs
- Tools, templates, artifacts
- Global consulting, delivery and support resources trained and certified in UiPath
- Re-usable UiPath applications, components, scripts
- Program management, change management, governance
Our automation framework
iSoftStone leverages a 6-stage automation framework as the foundation of our Solution Enablement Toolkit. This, in turn, provides a clear roadmap to guide our customers automation journey to successful outcomes.
First and foremost, iSoftStone partners with customers to assess RPA adoption potential, prioritize use cases, build the automation pipeline, and plan implementation. Next, we’ll help you evaluate the business value and ROI. In addition, we’ll offer a no-charge, proof-of-value to validate the expected business outcomes using a simple use case.
Following the preparation stage, iSoftStone will create an overall architecture and solution design based on requirements and user stories. Most importantly, this will ensure a robust, flexible and scalable RPA solution. In addition, we’ll enable the initial setup with our customers, which can be based in a cloud or on-premise datacenter.
After the solution design stage, iSoftStone leverages an agile Scrum methodology to develop RPA applications on the UiPath platform. As a result, our customers accelerate their RPA journey and can realize automation benefits in a matter of weeks. In addition, an agile approach improves learning and user adoption.
Subsequently, we create test plans and execute test scenarios to ensure that the RPA solution achieves the expected business outcomes.
Finally, iSoftStone partners with customers to plan RPA operations and recommend appropriate change management to drive user adoption. In addition, we help customers monitor and correct automation issues to improve RPA operations.
Last but not least, iSoftStone’s customers benefit from our process improvement experience, which we provide through our Automation Center of Excellence. For example, we measure and review business outcomes and leverage data and analytics to create additional opportunities to further increase business value.
Time to value
In summary, the Solution Enablement Toolkit accelerates benefits in weeks. As a result, our customers realize rapid time to value with their RPA solution. Also, we leverage the 6-stage automation framework to enable customers’ automation journeys to successful outcomes.
At last, we’d like to review a few options to initiate the automation journey:
1) Recommended: Most importantly, iSoftStone partners with customers to assess and prioritize a few simple use cases to initiate an automation project. In parallel,we perform a more formal, enterprise-wide assessment of use cases and adoption potential. As a result, customers will accelerate time to value, while managing risk and investment.
2) An alternative option is to develop a demo, followed by proof-of-value, before a formal assessment and decision to initiate an automation project.
3) Least recommended: In this option, iSoftStone and our customer would perform a formal, enterprise-wide assessment of use cases and adoption potential. In addition, we help build the business case and plan the automation journey. Due to the sequential approach, time to value is delayed, as are automation learning, and risk may not necessarily be reduced.