iSoftStone partnered with a multinational electronics company to not only rebuild their website but to also vastly improve their internal content management processes using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- The client’s multiple content management systems proved costly to maintain, they lacked the ability to provide a unified messaging strategy across regions, and it was difficult to organize, create, and publish unified business information.
- The client wanted to use AEM for their primary public-facing system, but they also wanted a purpose-built, immersive system to serve as an extranet where staff could manage products and their associated content in a way that was perfectly in-sync with each staff member’s role.
- iSoftStone created a special AEM interface for employees to submit and review content.
- This system has its own Author and Publish instances, and the employees interact with the Publish instance as a type of extranet, but specifically for submitting and reviewing content.
- This AEM-based system is integrated with the public-facing AEM instance and content is reviewed, approved, and published to the public-facing system via workflows.